It’s December. That means holiday shopping is in full swing. Whether you need just a few more gifts or haven’t started shopping yet, here are some tips that can help:
1. Plan your shopping. Make a list of what you want to buy and for whom.
2. Set a budget.
3. If you shop online, pay attention to the details. Is shipping free or is there a charge? Can the items be delivered in time for the holiday?
4. Buy a couple of gift cards for stores you like. If you’ve forgotten anyone, you’ll have something to fall back on. Or, use the cards to treat yourself.
5. Keep an envelope or file of your receipts to track how much you’ve spent at any given moment.
6. Know stores’ return policies. That way you can relay the necessary information if the gift must be returned or exchanged. Ask the stores for gift receipts, too.
7. Wrap as you buy. Keep everything at home and wrap the gift the minute you walk in the door. You’ll feel more relaxed and prepared.
Via: Utica National